Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 13 - 您 一定 要吃 早飯 !

I've got a bit out of synch here, so I'm going to post twice today.
First, of all, yesterday's weigh in:
159 lbs (starting weight: 166lb)

Morning: coffee
Lunch: spinach soup and caprese salad (mozzarella, tomatoes, basil)
Dinner: avocadoes filled with crab, cumin, coriander and mayonnaise; spinach with melted butter; meat fondu.

Fortune, I really smiled when I read your comment: a gentle reminder to have more breakfast is one of those themes that seems to run through my life. In 1999, when I took a semester out of graduate school to live with a Chinese family in Beijing (studying Chinese in school is all very well, but you do actually need to be able to interact with other human beings), the mother very much took me under her wing. I was 29 at the time, so hardly young and vulnerable, but no matter. She was constantly chatting to me, and took a great interest in all my activities, but also got used to the fact that as a student, I tended to get up after the rest of the family had left the house. One morning, I came out of the bedroom, to a large piece of paper on the table saying "您 一定 要吃 早飯!" "You must eat breakfast!" I've still got it somewhere, maybe I should hang it on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment